Saturday 14 March 2015

David Parlett and race games

David Parlett creator of hare and tortoise board game held a workshop lesson recently and made us think about a large form of race game, and it got me thinking in different ways much like how Popcap have game use a chaining mechanic to contently give rewards could a race game do the same thing whilst giving players behind a feel they still have a chance of winning the game.

I drove into 3 other questions from the workshop lesson are race games still needed in a way we know them today?
Are players fully in control of a race game?
and finally, Is it possible to have a fully supported three player game with the game revolving three player all having to race each other and the mechanic be balanced for all players whilst having a variation on each play from who plays as what part in the game.

I will attempt at answering the questions above during the studies and as I gain more information.

I made a video based on the workshop for my own personal youtube series that can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment